Bikini body booty!
When it comes to getting into that bikini, we all know how much better it looks with a nice toned and smooth looking bum. If yours isn’t up to scratch just yet fear not as there is plenty you can do about it! Check out these five simple tips, combining exercise and healthy eating with some fabulous creams that will help shape that booty and give you extra confidence as you strip off for the sun!
1. Get moving! Incorporating cardiovascular activity to your daily life will burn off calories and firm up the bum simultaneously – you don’t even need to go to the gym for this! Brisk walking, especially up a hill is a great option as is running up and down stairs. You can make this harder by going up two or even three steps at a time… and how about carrying a weight or something heavy with you to make those legs work just that little bit harder!
2. Resistance training To complement the cardio work, resistance training will also benefit the bum. Squats andlunges specifically target the glutes (aka bum muscles) and will help you achieve that perfectly shaped behind. Try 3 sets of 15 regular squats or lunges to begin with, then progress by adding dumbells or kettlebells. Holding the deep lunge or squat position will effectively work deeper into the muscles to give you the results you are after.
3. Hip raises Here’s an exercise that can be done in front of the TV, with minimum effort to produce maximum benefits. Lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, squeeze your glutes tightly and slowly raise your hips until your body is in a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Hold this position for 10 seconds and then slowly relax and repeat twice more. Your can up the intensity by carrying out the same movement with one leg in the air.
4. Sort the diet and cut excess sugars As always it’s important to combine exercise with healthy eating and a balanced diet of lean proteins, fruit and veg and wholegrains. Sugar gets stored as fat in the body so it is vital to cut out extra sugars to help the weight loss and toning process. Remember sugar doesn’t just mean sweets and chocolate, it can also be found in sauces, bread and juices, so take note when you tuck in!
5. Bust that cellulite The bum region is a problem area for cellulite where fat is stored close to the skin. In addition to getting active and eating well we can also work on this area by giving the skin some attention. Firstly massaging the problem area will stimulate circulation and help break up the fluid beneath the skin. Follow this up with an anti-cellulite cream which, will smooth and tone target areas, such as the Nivea Good-bye Cellulite 10 Day Serum. For a more high-tech solution combining both the massage action as well as a cream, the ‘Bliss Fatgirlslim Lean Machine’ may be your answer.