Following on from my first trimester exercise video we now move on to the second trimester! Hopefully by now the sickness will have subsided and you are starting to feel a little more energised, so now it's time to give the body a little extra attention. It has been said that exercising through pregnancy is beneficial when in labour and will certainly help you get back your pre-pregnancy body once you have given birth.
In this second video you will continue to work the whole body and I have divided it into sections to offer frequent breaks. Please note this is not a workout for a beginner, but for those who have worked out prior to becoming pregnant and through their first trimester.
Before exercising remember:
- Always consult your doctor before exercising
- Make sure you drink plenty of water
- Ensure you don't over heat - workout in a cool environment
- Take regular breaks (even if you don't think you need to)
- Stop if you start to feel breathless or dizzy
Good luck and feel free to get in touch with any questions about prenatal training... stay tuned for a final third trimester video coming soon!